Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Cycling to work - A fool's dream

I think I might have found an end to my traffic problems. The silver bullet is CYCLING.
A couple of colleagues cycle to work. They have been doing this for a year now. So I decided to give it a try.

The distance from my house to office is approximately 10km and I couldn't believe I would be able to cycle that far. So instead, I requested my landlord to loan his cycle to me. But he, in turn, wanted to get rid of his cycle and so requested me to buy it instead. But I managed to borrow it for a week to "evaluate" it.

The first day, it took me 45 minutes to get to work and I felt dead the whole day. But by the end of the week, I had brought it down to 30 minutes.

The week up, I had to return the cycle since I didnt like the ride too well. Hope to buy a bike soon.

No comments: