Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Smart traffic cops

Travelling to my old office was a quiet affair since it was only four kilometers away with empty highways and only one major signal. But since I have moved to Thoughtworks, the bike commute is getting really exasperating.

Thoughtworks is located in Diamond District on Airport Road and since I travel via Intermediate Ring Road, I have to take a U-turn at Manipal Hospital. The traffic cops close this u-turn around 10am to supposedly speed up the traffic flow. But this only results in traffic piling up with three lanes of vehicles trying to take a u-turn at Pizza Hut junction .

By the time you take the u-turn ahead and come back to Manipal Hospital junction, this u-turn has been opened. So if I had just waited at Manipal Hospital for half-an-hour, it would have been the same. I don't really understand what the cops are upto?

To add to my woes, there is a u-turn right in front of the Diamond District entrance. But the cops like to confuse motorists by closing it and opening it at random.

No comments: